Wednesday 14 November 2012

Mid Week Motivation Faux Stitches

Hi everyone it's Suzi B here with this weeks Mid Week Motivation.
I thought I'd share with you how I made the leaves on this weeks DT piece.

 Supplies







I used TH tattered Leaves die to cut the leaves from an A4 DP from Chocolate Baroque






I ran the sewing/marker wheel along the leaves. This makes the paper bend and crunch which all helps to the look of an a Autumn leaf. I find the 50p Ikea mouse mat ideal when using the marker wheel
 I mark out the holes first with a fine liner, its not always necessary to do this but I think it gives a better look I then join up the dots. Don't worry if you miss a bit it all works out OK in the end.
Once this is done I shaded the leaves with TH DI's  until I had the desired effect, this also adds to the crinkled look as the points girl in etc.... Wed 11.06... just spotted girl! should read curl of course, like you wouldn't have guessed.... lol... Didn't correct it, I thought it might make you smile....it did me :o)

 I also shade the reverse
I hope you find this technique helpful and you are able to use it  in your projects.
 Suzi B


5 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Suzi and look so realistic too. Thanks for sharing how you made them.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi - I am in awe - these are fabulous and as Fliss said look so real - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very effective :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Suzi for technique - the leaves really do look real. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW those leaves looks like the Real ones. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.